Coaching for outstanding results
Putting control back in your hands
- Meet challenges
- Solve problems
- Manage change
- Achieve objectives
- Reduce stress
- Secure a promotion
- Find confidence
- Change career path
I enable you to overcome obstacles and unhelpful habits and achieve clear thinking, allowing you to reach your full potential.
It’s you, only better!
James really gave me the space to reflect and work through various conundrums I was grappling with, whilst asking just the right questions to keep me focused yet think about things differently. Thanks to my coaching sessions with James, I have been able to develop strategies for the various challenges I had identified which still bear fruit today.
Vice President Warner Bros UK
I’ve spent 25 years working as a City Lawyer. In addition to helping companies face complex regulatory investigations, I’ve acquired significant management and talent development expertise, having served on the UK and global Executive boards of Herbert Smith Freehills and managed a team of over 80 lawyers globally.
After two terms as Global Head of the Herbert Smith Freehills regulatory group, I decided in 2017 to leave the firm and focus exclusively on what I enjoy most, which is helping people grow. Having graduated with the Meyler Campbell coaching institute, I now help individuals connect with their potential, personally and professionally. I’m also happy to support teams to become more productive while maintaining a positive work environment.
James has been a fantastic coach, he has really helped me figure out how I should be spending my time to best achieve my long-term goals, as well help me clarify what those goals are. You really feel like James is invested in you and there to make your tough decisions easier.
Not Another Coach!
Yes, there are a lot of coaches about! So why would you talk to me?
Including Herbert Smith Freehills, the UK Government and the European Commission I have over 25 years of “at the coal face” experience in highly pressurised environments. I’ve dealt with difficult personalities, impossible deadlines, managing a large team across the globe and the stress of having a dozen conflicting priorities.
Whatever your issue, I’m well placed to relate to and understand what it’s like standing in your shoes, and through our sessions help you unlock your full potential.
Difficult days happen… but don’t have to overwhelm you
- I understand the need for careful navigation to achieve promotion, having worked my way up from trainee to head of department and member of the Executive board of an international business.
- I managed transitions to new roles, juggling the different expectations of the organisation, colleagues, direct reports and of myself.
- Managed a heavy workload whilst having responsibility for a large team who were not all pulling in the same direction. At the same time as keeping the work plates spinning, I’ve balanced life with my family, raising two children.
- I’ve had my run-ins with difficult personalities and found ways of working effectively together.
- Navigated an increasingly competitive market place with client demands for even better value despite an inflationary cost base and resistance to change within the organisation.
- I’ve had the privilege of developing the talent in a team and tackling the barriers to full performance, dealing with issues such as lack of confidence.
I cannot recommend James highly enough – he’s helped me to navigate difficult professional and personal issues and achieve results that I am delighted with! James is an incredibly effective coach – his wealth of professional experience and friendly and laid back, yet clear and structured, style enables him to unlock the best in people.
Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
I won’t promise you’ll never have another crisis, life simply doesn’t work that way. I will promise that when your next major challenge comes along, you’ll manage it with greater confidence and create the very best result anyone could.
- On the UK and global Executive boards of Herbert Smith Freehills.
- Global head of the Competition, Regulation and Trade group at HSF.
- Advised senior management and board directors at large companies such as EDF, Severn Trent, Bank of Scotland, Signet and Virgin Atlantic.
- Responsible for a team of over 80 lawyers across the UK, Continental Europe, South Africa, Asia and Australia.
- Worked with the European Commission enforcing the free movement rules in relation to financial services.
- Worked with UK DTI (DBEIS) developing new legislation.
- Piloted Legislation through UK Parliament.
We can discuss your situation in confidence
Whether it’s your staff team or a personal issue, together we can find the best solution and get your company or career back on track.
Just call: 07474 079 790
I help you with
Of self and staff
Personal and strategic
For work and for yourself
Find and fill the gaps
Career and personal/family
Assess and overcome
Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
While every situation is unique, the need to budget is universal! Except in unusual circumstances I work at a fixed, transparent rate to help you understand how much you are investing.
I can work on an hourly, daily, project or fixed-term basis. For an informal discussion of your requirements:
Coaching sessions with James were extremely helpful! With his guidance and series of questions posed by him, I was able to break down big decisions into manageable parts and resolve important questions, which I had to address within myself to grow and develop further professionally, but had not been able to create the headspace for tackling on my own.
Counsel at a US specialist firm in London
When you put your money into a project you aim to see results and my coaching is no different.
At the start of the assignment, I will sit down with you to work out your objectives and devise a means of measuring your progress, so that you can see for yourself that you are achieving the results you want to achieve.
Improved skills and more effective working practices will affect your bottom-line, improving productivity and profitability.